Laid Back and Understated Wedding Style
More and more couples are side stepping traditions in favour of a Relaxed and laid Back Wedding day brimming with personality and vibe. That doesn’t mean that the wedding style is alternative or a second time wedding, but one that simply oozes with a individually charm, flair and comfort. Worth noting too is that the decision to marry in laid back style is not synonymous with low budget – it is purely about choice.
We took part in a styled bridal shoot earlier this year (2019) organised and styled by the lovely Cynthia – Wedding Planner extraordinaire and business owner at ‘Kimberley Rose Designs’ and would love to share the lovely images and styling to inspire those of you who are keen to inject your personality and style in a whole new way .
Your Wedding Day Your Way
The goal to achieving a relaxed and laid back wedding starts with you both; and a good way to begin is by openly discussing the things that you both love and dislike about weddings – because that way you will both gain a deeper understanding of the things that matter to you. The concept of the modern wedding focuses on achieving intimacy and privacy that is relaxed and laid back and not posed nor contrived; nor is the day focused entirely on the bride and the wedding dress, but instead on capturing the emotion and moments during the day that will evoke lasting memories in the years to come. The key focus for you both, should be to aim to make your day feel as relaxed and laid back like a tranquil holiday with friends and family and less about the convention of a formal wedding day setting.
Shop for bridal separates that allow you to switch things up a bit on the day without the hassle of having a second dress. The dress that is featured here is a two piece, long sleeved lace bodice worn with a soft flowing tulle skirt. The look is perfect for brides searching for relaxed and laid back wedding dresses that are elegant and easy to wear on the day without worrying about feeling uncomfortable and restricted. We offer a wide range of laces for you to choose from. From soft and demure chantilly laces to more opulent and decadently beaded designs.
Tips for A Relaxed and Laid Back Wedding
- Effective Communications of your ideas and vision to your florist, wedding planner and others is key to helping others understand your vision.
- Avoid traditional codes of dress and opt for an informal Dress Codes like smart casual with clear guidance and how you want the day to be so that your guests know what is acceptable.
- Choose personalized details to reflect the personality and charm of the bride and groom
- Personalizing your vows
- Create a Pinterest board of your favourite images to help keep you on track
- Re-imagining traditional floral displays in a effort to be more sustainable and Eco friendly.
- Using fruits as a way to add colour to the floral’s and which can be eaten on the day.
- Wear coloured items as part of your wedding attire that can be worn again adding value to the purchase for both bride and groom.
- Bride – consider shopping for bridal separates that will provide you with a unique look on the day and that can be worn again after the wedding
- Consider choosing a smaller venue that will add character and charm in a laid back way.
- Summer time wedding held outdoors (weather permitting) so that you are free to have wheel barrows coolers, party games, games stations and barbecue style foods.
- Think about luxury picnic style food or a food truck instead of a formal sit down meal
- Hosting the celebration in your favourite restaurant is just as much fun and much more intimate if you are thinking of having a smaller wedding
THE FABULOUS CREATIVE TEAM WHO MADE THIS SHOOT POSSIBLE. DO TAKE A LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITES FOR MORE INSPIRATION
Stationery – Mathilda Lundin | Accessories – PS With Love | Ribbons – Nettle and Silks | Ring Boxes – The_Mrs_Box | Cutlery and Crockery – Cohire | Cake – Cakesandleaves | Models – @Natalie_Hobkirk @Oliverspedding (on Instagram)
Want to see more detailed inspiration from this ‘Peach and Cornflower Blue’ Wedding shoot? Do visit the ‘Whimsical Wonderland Weddings’ blog