Now, before you start raising those manicured eyebrows as you try to remember who Tabatha is; firstly,Tabatha is not a member of the team and this is not an ad. What this is, is a great 4 minute video that is fun to do and totally achievable for those of you short on time and long on chores.
We are not preaching from the pulpit on this one at all – we share the same daily goals as you do and we think this is a practical way to get great results together – so shall we get started on toning up those arms in time for the big day? We all love the festive season filled with luscious cakes and cocktails-a-plenty but dread the aftermath? So we reckoned to start working on things much sooner rather than later!
Here are a couple of really short videos showing you the basis of how to get started.. If the video doesn’t load for some reason – then please click this link (You’ll love Rebekah – clear simple to the point)
What is the Tabatha workout?
Tabata is a not-so-new workout program that has grown in popularity in the past year with over 300,00 Instagram posts tagged #Tabata — and counting. The program is a highly efficient, interval based training that is only 20 seconds of intense excercise followed by 10 seconds of rest. You then repeat the excercise 8 times.
How to get going with the Tabatha workout.
Select your style of excercise for the day be it squats, lunges, sprints, table kicks or push ups. Go all out for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds then repeat for a total of 8 rounds = 4 minutes. Done
Top tips from regular users
- It is exhausting….And I am sore today but I feel good ? Thanks for asking @natalieyco
- Grab a pair of light 5 to 10-lb. dumbbells and alternate between 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest for each exercise in the following 8-exercise circuit:
- ….I got into shape by doing a short warm-up/stretch for 10 minutes, then one Tabata (4 min), then a quick cool-down/stretch for 5 more minute – all that for a few months almost every morning, right after getting out of bed – before breakfast and I got into overall better shape. And also have a lot of energy for the entire day!
- …..Use the TABATHA songs for momentum and motivation – everyone needs a trainer.
- ….You can pick any exercise but it must be intense for your level of fitness (must be challenging)
- ….I found it better to alternate the excercises each day by using jumping lunges, jump squats, pushups, burpees, sprints, table kicks, skaters, and mountain climbers – although I am screaming for air by the end of that 4 minutes…Lol …I love it!
- Below is a link to the music to get you going – if the video doesn’t please load click this link
Key Facts about Tabatha
And while a four-minute workout might sound too good to be true, the Japanese physician and researcher Dr. Izumi Tabata who invented it found the results of the study pretty staggering. Two groups of people were tested over a six-week period. The first group did one hour of moderate-intensity exercise five time a week while the second group did high-intensity Tabata training. Here are the results…In a study conducted by the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo. In total, the Tabata group did 120 minutes of exercise total while the control group did a whopping 1,800 minutes of exercise. The results showed the Tabata group had a greater increase in their cardiovascular system as well as their anaerobic system.
Let us know how you get on! In fact, we are are going to join you with the first round of Tabatha starting first thing in the morning every day up until 24th December 2016.